Advance notice - Warburton River late April - early may
Departing around Anzac Day - date not fixed until flood reaches area
NOTE: PRE-REGISTRATION ESSENTIAL - NO CASUAL ACCESS DURING EVENT
Keep checking this page for further information as it becomes available.
Activity - To the Lake and back
- To get an idea of the size of the river in flood and the sights refer to photos of the Warburton River on the Club's Facebook page.
- A 10 day adventure (but allow 14 days) requiring the participants to carry ALL food, water, fuel and camping equipment.
- Only way out is back to where you started at Cowarie Campground
- An asymetrically hulled cat is best. A small inflatable can be towed with fuel/food and water..
- A 2.5 to 3.5HP outboard with about 40litres of fuel. Refer to the Technical Department (on main menu) for a drawing of an outboard bracket suitable for any 14 - 16 foot cat.
In late April and early May the average maximum temperature is 25C and minimum 15C.
Reports & Images of Past Events...